"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
At Emmanuel we know that we have our children for just four short years. During this time, we have high expectations of ourselves and of them. We aim to develop children that are:
- Compassionate and caring to all of God’s creatures.
- Resilient individuals who persevere through their difficulties.
- Are comfortable both asking for support or help where it is needed and in helping others.
- Care about the communities both local to them and in the wider world.
- Have enquiring minds and aspire to a lifetime of self-improvement.
- Are confident forming and presenting their own opinions whilst being respectful of the opinions of others.
- Are curious about the world around them and accept that differences are good.
- Challenge negative and immoral or unethical views – Emmanuel children are brave!
When our children leave us after this short time, we often shed a tear, but we watch them go them go with pride, knowing that we have equipped them well for their future lives.
For our full RE curriculum intent and implementation please see the file below.
The school has designed its curriculum using the Sheffield Syllabus, the Understanding Christianity programme and Discovery RE.